Monday, October 27, 2008

When Dems are forced to live by the same rules as Republicans

If you would ask my kids what my motto is, you will undoubtedly hear, "It's good to do hard stuff." It is the standard answer in my house when someone complains they don't want to do something because it's too hard.

Why is it good to do hard stuff? It's easy. Difficulty forces you to overcome. Difficulty sharpens your abilities. Overcoming difficulty today gives you the confidence you need when things get tough tomorrow. Difficulties in everyday life are the ankle weights that make us stronger on race day.

That brings us to Joe Biden.

You will never hear me complain about the media. Complaining about liberal bias in the main stream media is like complaining its cold in January. It doesn't do any good. It's just the way it is. To be honest, I think the slanted playing field forces conservatives to be smarter, better and stronger candidates. It's kind of like Rocky Balboa chasing a chicken through the Siberian snow with an ox yolk strapped to his shoulders (I know, I've probably combined a few different training montages for that one, but I'm on a roll).

What happens when you become accustomed to kid gloves and softball questions? I give you Joe Biden--



How does he handle the tough (by tough I mean relevant, issue-based and not involving choosing a favorite color) questions? He takes his ball and goes home, running to the safe and comforting arms of Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman. He cancels all future interviews with WFTV in Orlando. To paraphrase the Soup Nazi, "No scoop for you!"

To be honest, if I was running the Obama-Biden campaign, those are the questions I want asked, because it gives us the opportunity to dispute the exact charges with which McCain is getting traction.

I'm sure Putin, Ahmadinejad and bin Ladin will stick to the approved script if (God forbid) Biden becomes our VP.

No comments: